Monday, September 20, 2010

A Little Something Special - Wife Appreciation Day

Hey all,

As you can see I've done some redecorating.  I'm in the process of making up a new blogger for my FREE READ, so as I was tweaking that I decided to play with this a little so they were color-coordinated.  I've also made it easier for you to follow me.  If you haven't already, just fill out the little form at the top left of the blog then confirm the link when they send it to you.  Once you've done that, you'll get updates whenever I post.  I'll be doing the same thing over on the FREE READ blog, so once it's open for business you can sign up there as well.

Anyway, today's blog  makes me smile just writing it.  You know, sometimes life takes you by surprise.  It can be a good surprise or a bad one and sometimes at the time you aren't sure which is which.  But sometimes something can happen that just warms your heart and makes you smile.

That happened to me yesterday.  Sunday, September 19th was Wife Appreciation Day and I woke up after a bad night of tossing and turning to find that Jonathon, my Sweet Baboo, had left me a surprise before he headed in for an early day at work.  A note telling me how much he appreciated me and some special treats just to say "I love you".

Now this may not seem like much to some of you, but as wonderful and sexy as my husband is, he doesn't easily remember dates for anniversaries, birthdays and special occasions.  He's got birthdays and anniversaries down pretty well after a quarter of a century (wow that makes us old) but special occasions?  Not so much.

So color me shocked when I realized he'd remembered that Sunday was one of those silly special occasions that HE might not think of as important, but I get all gooey over. 

Now of course, this holiday has a bit of a PR problem.  I didn't even know Wife Appreciation Day existed until I saw an email for it.  I promptly forwarded it to Jonathon as a joke, then forgot about it.  But he didn't, and that just makes me tingly all over.  Yeah.  He's gonna get lucky tonight.  LOL

But I have a bunch of questions now. Such as...

Who came up with this?  Are there parades?  Are there greeting cards for this holiday?  How can we make MANkind appreciate this holiday more?

And then I thought...is there a Husband Appreciation Day?  I looked it up and sure enough, there is.  We got awhile to make plans, ladies.  Their holiday doesn't roll around again until April 17th (third Saturday of the month). 

But for those of you whose hubbys didn't know about this day, show them this blog and tell them you'd be happy to take any and all appreciation a day late.  After all, it's the thought that counts, right? 


BTW...it's also Talk Like A Pirate Day, so if you aren't married or in a relationship you can always celebrate that way!  LOL

See you on Friday!

Hugs,

CJ England  



 
 
 
 
 
 
 Follow Your Dreams

No comments: