Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Guess What I Get to Do in Amsterdam???

Hey all,

So I'm checking out the stuff I can do in Amsterdam and it's gonna be fun. Anne Frank's house, canal boat tours, museums, the Heineken Brewery and the red light district. (Jonathon has given me specific notes on what he wants me to pick up there.)

Then my daughter told me about the coffee shops they have. Apparently, for those of you not in the know, Amsterdam allows what they consider "soft drugs" in certain areas. And marijuana is one of those soft drugs. So they have these coffee shops that have sprung up around town and are open to sell cannabis, drinks or these things called "space cakes". I guess kinda like the pot-filled brownie of my youth.

So, you know I have to go try one, right? That and the red light district is gonna be a hoot. It's for research you know. I mean how can I not go see how legal prostitution is handled? LOL

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!! Besides, Jonathon says I gotta and I ALWAYS obey my husband. *rolls eyes*

So here's a question for you all. If you had a chance to take the plunge and go to one of these coffee shops, would you? And if you did, would you partake in their interesting menu? Put your answer in the comments below.

So, there is a little tidbit about what I'm going to do in Amsterdam. I'm spending a bit of time today printing off what I have set to do so I can get off the train there and go right to sightseeing. I don't want to miss a thing!!!

Be back tomorrow with some thoughts on leaving the US of A and my family behind. *sniff* See ya then!!!





14 comments:

Denysé Bridger said...

OMG - this is too funny, C.J. - I think you're going to have a wonderful time, though I don't know if Amsterdamn is quite ready for you, lady!! LOL

Nice one, thanks....

Hugs,
Denyse

Dominique Eastwick said...

CJ LOL...You adventurer you. I can't wait to hear all about when you get back. Be safe.

Maria said...

I would love to see the art at the museaums especially anything by Vermeer.

That said, I would not visit the coffee shops because pot just doesn't do anything for me. Tried it twice and it did nothing.

Would probably visit the red light district though...as you said for research....lol

CJ England said...

LOL Denyse,

Thanks! I know I will. And I'll try to be gentle with them all. Truly I will.

CJ

CJ England said...

Dominique,

I hope to have lots to tell everyone. My journal will be bursting!

CJ

CJ England said...

Maria,

I'm hoping to have time to see a couple of museums, but red light district is as I said, research important. *grin*

CJ

Phylis said...

I can't wait to see what your imagination creates after your "research"! lol I would try one of the foods done with the marijuana just because I have never done it and smoke from people smoking gives me a headache so smoking it would be out of the question, which means I couldn't be in the shop very long anyway! LOL Have a great trip. Look forward to your trip blogs when you get the chance!

CJ England said...

One of my favorite ways to do pot was in brownies. Duh. Chocolate freak here.

I haven't done it in years so plan to be very, very careful. LOL

Sultry Summers said...

You luck thing! WOW what I wouldn't give to be with you and enjoy that beautiful city, DH went there when he was in the Navy and talks about it all the time. HAVE FUN
Sheila

Unknown said...

All smoking it ever did to me was give me a headache, a bad case of the munchies and make me horny so I guess I would do the brownies but I would have to have a guy with me so I wouldn't wind up on the wrong side of the red light district. LOL

Unknown said...

Dang, hit the button too soon.
sounds like you have a great time planned!

Destiny Blaine said...

I'd probably pass on the coffee shops but would love to take a tour of the city, and of course interview some of those working in Amsterdam's Red Light District. Imagine the stories!

Have fun, CJ.
Destiny Blaine

Viki Lyn said...

I've heard all about the wild things you can do in Amsterdam and I hope you try all of them ~ at least once! LOL Can't wait to read your about your experiences! Have a beautiful and safe journey.

Desirée Lee said...

I don't know if I would try the brownies or not.

Watch the movie EuroTrip (get the unrated version, trust me). The Amsterdam scenes are the best, imho.

Carpe Noctem,
Des

Desirée Lee
Putting the Romance Back in Necromancy
http://www.desireelee.com