Friday, May 2, 2014

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's--SQUIRREL!!!!!

Hey all,

So I took a trip down memory lane the other day.  Not sure how it happened, but I was writing, then had to go online to do some research.  Then, somehow (and I honestly don't know HOW it happened) I was on youtube.

Now I know that sounds a bit crazy, but it really happened.  Sometimes when I do research it's like that puppy in the movie, UP! by Disney.  You know what happens.  I'm researching along and suddenly I'm distracted by...

Squirrel!!!!!!

Except my squirrels can be anything from a music video (in yesterday's case) to the names of angels, to the weather report in Xishuangbanna, China (where Jonathon was offered a job), to FB where Willy Nelson jokes about Lance Armstrong's winning the Tour de France.  It's crazy.  Research for me is like chasing not just one squirrel, but dozens.  LOL

But you can find some pretty interesting things.  The music video I watched was called "We Are The World" and was made back in 1985 to bring awareness to the world about the famine in Ethiopia.  I'd seen it before of course, but it's a beautiful video and always worth a repeat... 
 If it won't play on my blog, you can see it here...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoDY8ce_3zk

But what I didn't know was this video was remade in 2010 to help Haiti after the earthquake.  And I have to say, I didn't expect to like it. (I rarely like remakes)  But this one was pretty awesome.  Check it out here...

If it won't play on my blog, you can see it here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glny4jSciVI

It was just the same, yet totally different.  The different artist and styles of music made it absolutely wonderful.  I'm not a rap fan, but I really liked how they inserted rap in between the regular singing.  And the bits of electronic music added in gave it a perfect updating.  I really enjoyed it.

It really is amazing what you can find when you aren't looking for it.  And there has been more than one time that I went looking for one thing and found something else entirely.  In fact, my upcoming historical romance series is an idea that came about when I read this quote by Williams Shakespeare...

A lion among ladies is a most dreadful thing.

Can you guess what the series is about?  *grin*

So, as you can see, sometimes getting distracted during my research forays IS a good thing.  LOL. And if it happens today when I'm online, I promise you it will be worth it.  Who knows what good may--

SQUIRREL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Until next time...

Hugs,
CJ England










Follow Your Dreams
http://cjengland.com/luckbealady/luckbealady.htm

4 comments:

Phylis said...

Pretty cool CJ! I can do the distracting thing real well too! lol They can be really fun!

CJ England said...

Thanks, Phylis. I guess we all can be distracted at times. Us artistic types just seem to do it more than others. LOL

Ray said...

I sometimes forget what I am doing because of distractions.

Ray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.