Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Age is a Number and Mine is Unlisted

Hey all,

It's my birthday today!  WooHoo!!!  And in honor of that birthday I thought I'd share some truths I've learned as I've grown older.  Ready?

What the heart cherishes, there its home will be.~~~Anonymous
A warrior would rather be defeated and die then act against his nature.  ~~~~Taylor (Poltergeist II)
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~~~Harvey Fiersten 
The only truth I can convince someone of is the truth they're willing to believe.  ~~~Anonymous
It takes a real storm in the average person's life to make him realize how much worrying he has done over the squalls. ~~~Bruce Barton

When one door closes, God opens a window. But it may be hell in the hallway.~~~Anonymous

Freedom is the greatest gift we are born with, and the hardest thing to hold on to.~~~Joseph (Quantum Leap Episode: Freedom)

Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but looking outward together in the same direction. ~~~Antoine de Saint- Exupery 

The world is like a giant spider, spinning it’s web. Each strand we can easily break, but if we let them wrap around us, suddenly we are no longer free…but food for the spider.~~~Anonymous 

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over.  It's about learning how to dance in the rain.~~~Anonymous 

Imagination in more important than knowledge.~~~Albert Einstein 

Thank your readers and the critics who praise you, and then ignore them. Write for the most intelligent, wittiest, wisest audience in the universe: Write to please yourself.~~~Harlan Ellison 

To voyage without an open heart is meaningless.~~~Anonymous

Dream as if you'll live forever.  Live as if you'll die today.~~~James Dean 

And my all time favorite quote of all time...

Dance like no one is watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like no one is listening,
Live like it's heaven on earth.
~~~William Purkey

So now it's your turn.  Give me a birthday gift and at the same time you might get one for yourself.  In the comments below, do two things...

1) Choose the quote in my blog that touched you the most.  Copy it into the comment box.  
2) Give me a quote or saying of your own that has made a difference in your life.  Put it, too, in the comment box.
3) Give me your name and an email addy to get in touch with you.  If you don't want to leave it in the comment box, then send me an email at womanofthewind1@yahoo.com.  Make sure you tell me why you're sending it.  (Note:  Email addys can be sent to me, but quotes MUST be put in the comment boxes.)

I'll promote this birthday contest until the following Wednesday (June 20th) when I'll draw one name from the hat.  The winner will get to choose one of my published ebooks as a prize.  Have them all?  AWESOME!!!  But still enter.  We'll work something out!

Good luck and Happy Birthday to me!!!

CJ England
 http://www.cjengland.com/home/domeafavor100x154.jpg
Follow Your Dreams
http://cjengland.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CJsaysFollowYourDreams/

20 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday CJ!! Have a good one!
Hugs!
Lisa

Carrie said...

Freedom is the greatest gift we are born with, and the hardest thing to hold on to.~~~Joseph (Quantum Leap Episode: Freedom)



--Life’s not the breaths you take
But the moments that take your breath away--


This is one of the best sayings that I have found to be true in my life. It comes from a song by Georeg Strait called "The Breath You Take".


I don't know if you realize this but I have brithday clebration today too. My duaghter Kara was born 1 year ago today. Wishing you the best on your birthday as I wish the best for my daughter.

Carrie
ctucker2862@yahoo.com

D. Musgrave said...

CJ,
Happy Birthday.
Great blog. Here are my gifts.
I love the quote.
"When one door closes, God opens a window. But it may be hell in the hallway.~~~Anonymous

My favorite is below. It's something I draw upon when writing.

"The reader is entertained by the journey of another, but the writer is the changer of worlds."
D'ni proverb.

Julie said...

This has always been one of my favorite sayings.

Dance like no one is watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like no one is listening,
Live like it's heaven on earth.
~~~William Purkey



You actually have the quote that means the most to me on your blog it's this one.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.~~~Anonymous

I love to dance in the rain. :)

Julie
birdygirl47@gmail.com

Ray said...

Happy Birthday. I love all the quotes.

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~~~Harvey Fiersten

This one talks to me. It goes with one I have on my FaceBook profile.

Illigitimus Non Carborandum.
Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down.

Phylis said...

Happy Birthday CJ! Hope you enjoy your day. I know the best birthday I had was the one that didn't have plans. I just went with the flow! This quote is so spot on with my life and in retail that I picked it. I love the others as well.

The only truth I can convince someone of is the truth they're willing to believe. ~~~Anonymous

This is the quote I have on Facebook. I have always loved Christopher Reeve and I love this.

At first, dreams seem impossible, then improbable, then inevitable.
Christopher Reeve

Phylis Sullivan
phylis_s_2000_2001@yahoo.com

lisekimhorton said...

A great list and provocative thoughts for a soon-to-be birthday girl. Here's one of my favorite quotes:

All serious daring starts from within. Eudora Welty (a lady who certainly grabbed onto life, no?)

Happy B-Day!

rubyswan said...

May ur Special Day Bring much happiness & unspeakable Joy!!
HappBeeeeeeeeee Birthday!
redz041@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday CJ!
I hope you had a smashing good time!

I liked the following of the quotes you gave:
Dance like no one is watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like no one is listening,
Live like it's heaven on earth.
~~~William Purkey

I will add CARPE DIEM as my addition to those famous quotes.

Susan Howard

CJ England said...

Thanks, Lisa! I appreciate you stopping by to wish me well!

CJ England said...

Love that quote, Carrie. Am adding it to my heart list. And wish Kara a belated Happy Birthday from me!

Hugs!

CJ England said...

D, I've always loved that quote. Even before we became friends I remember seeing that quote and thinking you were someone special and unique.

Thank you.

CJ England said...

Hey Julie,

Dancing in the rain is one of my favorite pleasures. I do it as often as I can. Washes away so much ugliness when you can just let the raindrops touch your face.

Thanks for the Happy Birthday!

CJ England said...

LOL, Ray! Love your quote. It's a keeper, too! LOL

CJ England said...

Christopher Reeve was a hell of a man, Phylis. Talk about hero material. I'd missed that quote, but I've added it to my list. It's too good not to. Thank you!

CJ England said...

Lisekimhorton,

I was unfamiliar with that specific quote, but it fits the lady. She was one of a kind. Thank you for sharing it with me.

CJ England said...

Thank you so much, rubyswan. I had an awesome day made better by coming here and seeing all the fun!

CJ England said...

Carpe Diem. I love that one. Ever since that movie with Robin Williams--Dead Poets Society--it's been on my heart list. Thanks for the reminder, Susan!

Debby said...

Dance like no one is watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like no one is listening,
Live like it's heaven on earth.
~~~William Purkey

I love this one but this one is another one to live by
Treat others as you would like to be treated.

Happy Birthday

debby236 at gmail dot com

CJ England said...

An old adage, Debby, but one that is still gold. Thanks for the gift!!!