Friday, July 17, 2015

Art Comes in All Shapes and Sizes

Hey all,

It's been a great week.  If you don't know, my first book under my Restless Wind Publications label went live on Tuesday on Amazon.  And it should be (fingers crossed) up and ready on KOBO by the weekend.

It was fun and frustrating and ridiculously exciting, and once I get going I'll be able to have all my books back up on sale.  Plus, if all goes right, you'll have a few new stories in the mix as well.

I'll just toss in the link for Amazon HERE.

But, while all of that is great, that's not what today's blog is about.

I was just wandering through cyber space the other day when I came upon this article on the Huffington Post. And I did a double take.  I love weird art and this...this is amazing!!!

Did you know that Saturday, July 18th is NYC Bodypainting Day?  That is the day where volunteers from all races and walks of life get nekkid and allow people to paint some really amazing designs all over their bodies.

Here's a few pics so you can see what I mean.  Then, if you want, go see the rest on the Huffington Post.  



Pretty cool, right?  It's better than a lot of art I've seen in museums around the world. But would I do it?  Probably not. I'd be tempted, but even though I'm pretty free spirited about things, I'm a little too shy to bare everything even for the sake of art.  

But I have to admire both the artists and those volunteers who get painted. Talk about a fun and interesting way to spend the day.  I'd love to be a fly on those streets.  Just watching people watch the painted would be as fun as anything else.

If anyone goes, let me know.  I'd love to get more pics of this years fantasy folks! 

Until next time...

Hugs,
CJ England












Follow Your Dreams
http://cjengland.com/warrior/morethanawarrior.htm

1 comment:

Phylis said...

I don't think I would volunteer either. lol But definitely cool and different.