Friday, March 18, 2016

Sick and Tired of Feeling Sick and Tired

Hey all,

It's been a tough week. I've been down with migraines most every day.  Not sure what's going on, but I'm ready to toss in the towel and say, "I GIVE!!!"

For those of you who aren't prone to this illness, it's a special kind of hell. I've dealt with them my whole life, and I have to tell you, it REALLY gets old.

Mine--the doctors say--are a mixture of physical and stress related. And if I do something stupid, like eat the wrong thing or don't get the right amount of rest, I'm totally screwed.

Lately, I think it's been more stress. The move to South America, dealing with stuff back in the states that is VERY difficult to do long distance. Plus, it HAD to happen just as I have a book due. Trying to fight through the pain to write is almost impossible. Between the blinding headache and nausea from the pain, it's almost an impossibility.

And worrying about deadlines adds even more stress which adds to the migraine which makes everything worse.  A vicious circle, to say the least.

So, when someone says they're down with a migraine, understand it's NOT an excuse. If they really do suffer from them, they SUFFER, in a way regular people will never understand. 

If they are in your household, you can help them. Keep things quiet, close the curtains so it's dark, fix nutritious meals that aren't spicy or too salty, or if they can't handle that, offer bland stuff like yogurt or crackers.

Massaging their temples is a wonderful way to help them relax. I'd whimper whenever Jonathon stopped. When I'm really bad, like now, this was the only way I could get to sleep.

As an aside, I was told by a reader a few years ago that a really good, hard orgasm does wonders for a migraine. Curious, the next time I had a really bad headache, I gave that remedy a try, and I have to say, it did work.  Not for the long term, but it relaxed me enough to go to sleep and resting always seems to help a lot. As you can imagine, it is now one of my favorite migraine remedies!  LOL

Anyway, by the time you read this, I pray I'm feeling better.  If not, my next blog may be an announcement that I've entered a facility for the migraine-ally insane!!!  

Until next time!

CJ England









Follow Your Dreams
http://cjengland.com/wanderingstar/whathappensinmexico.htm

2 comments:

Phylis said...

Hugs...I hope it goes away for you.

Phylis said...

Hugs...I hope it goes away for you.