Friday, September 16, 2016

Home is Where Your Heart Is

Hey all!

I'm back!!!

I was gone longer than expected. Once I got to working on the house I realized just how much work I had to do. That two months I thought I'd need? Let's just say I was a tiny bit wrong!

I added a couple more weeks to my itinerary but even that wasn't enough. But then again, I don't think a couple more months would be enough.

Now don't get me wrong. I love our house. And I'm so happy we bought it. It was just that the reality was a lot more work than we'd seen in the pictures! I got there the last week of June and left the second week of September and I have to say, I'm VERY proud of what I accomplished. With my two son's help and a LOT of imagination, planning and elbow grease, I turned a abandoned cabin into a beautiful and warm home.

Which was my goal. A place to come back to I could relax and enjoy between our wanderings. And it's in the good hands of my two son's and an almost daughter-in-law. *grin*

I'll be sharing some of my renovating adventure over the next several blogs, but today's is more of a catch up and saying hey.

Right now I'm writing this from my tiny flat in Sydney, Australia. I love this country...lived in Australia about twenty years ago working at a halfway house in Dubbo, NSW. We loved the parks, plains and mountains, the people and the meat pies! LOL  And the lamb!  


Wow! We are having lamb chops tonight and they were only one American dollar each! Can you believe that? We love lamb and are going to pig (or should I say lamb) out while we're living here.


I got here a few days ago and it DID take me a while to acclimate. I don't get jet lag when I fly west--at least not badly, but getting my days and nights switched around took a couple of days. Jonathon and I wandered the harbor and took our kissing pic at the opera house (just had to) and then we did a coastal walk from Coogee Beach up to Bondi Beach. THAT was amazing.  Talk about views!!!

Here are a few pictures for you to enjoy. 

The beginning of the walk...Coogee Beach. White, white sand.

One of the many cliffs along the way. This one looks as if it's slowly falling into the sea.

The walk had some amazing rock formations. Hewn by the sun, wind and water, the colors were just beautiful. Reminded me of Yellowstone National Park in the states.

Did I mention Yellowstone? If the ocean wasn't in the background I'd think I was wandering around Ol Faithful in THAT park!

Look at the rock formations. And the sea...the color of the sea was beautiful. So clear, clean and blue. I wanted to dive right then and there!

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times...critters and dead people. They always get the best views! And this cemetery was a great example.

This was one of the loveliest walks I've taken along a coastal route. The carved cliff sides, the clarity of the water and the views...all added up to a perfect day.

The jutting out of the rocks on this point amazed me. Some are being held up by pylons, but most are free standing. See my FB profile pic for another example.

The end of the walk. The famous Bondi Beach. Swimmers, surfers and sunbathers were out, even though it is barely spring here. Cool day and colder water.


It was a lovely walk and we ended our day with traditional fish and chips and beer on the boardwalk. A great reminder of what this country has to offer and I'm excited to see more as we enjoy our eight month stay.

Check back on Tuesday when I'll have some news and hopefully my cover for my upcoming release, Hide and Go Dragon!!!!

Until then...

Hugs,
CJ England



1 comment:

Ray said...

I have been having computer troubles for the last two weeks. This is the first time I have done email since the trouble started. I am so glad I caught you on Facebook. I do that on my iPhone.
this blog is loaded with your outstanding photography.