Friday, November 16, 2007

I'm Thankful for ...Three Days Worth of Stuff!!!

Hey all,
I've been gone for the last two days on a mini vacation. We spent some time in on the coast and had a great time. I needed to get away, and now I'm back and refreshed and ready to go!!!

Now...

Wednesday... I was thankful for being anal. I know that sounds weird, but while on our vacation, we had to deal with some business matters. Jonathon is great at making overall decisions, once he has all the info. He can do it without emotion where I can't get past the emotion. My talent is in being anal about things. Picking it apart until I understand every part of it. In doing so, I get questions answered he doesn't even know he needs and it helps us both. We work very well together.

Anality helps. And it gave us a chance to do something we've wanted to do for a long time. Move forward.

Thursday... I'm thankful for God's beautiful earth. We went over to Ormond Beach where we have a bit of property. It's so nice to just kick your shoes off and look at the ocean. I'm constantly in awe of God when I see it. The colors, the grandeur, the immenseness of it. I never feel alone when I stand there, but I do feel very small. I can sit for hours and just listen to the waves. There is something peaceful and exciting at the same time about it. The beach is one of my favorite places on the planet.

And it gives me a chance to refresh and renew. Jonathon and I walked for miles. Few people over there this time of year. It was wonderful.

Friday... That brings me to today. Today, I'm thankful for my kids. While, as you have often heard me say, I do want to strangle them on a weekly basis, I really adore them. They are each such unique individuals...it's hard to explain how they are all so different, yet raised exactly the same way.

You have Jessaca, who is romantic and dreamy and steady as a rock. (oldest child syndrome), yet she can be as blonde as all get out sometimes, and is my best girlfriend. We can go guy chasing ( we took a special trip to Epcot last week just to check out the new hot guys in France... Can you say ooooo-la-la?)

Then there is Jeramiah, who I joke is me with a penis. He is moody and creative and stubborn as a fricking mule. A two by four to the head is usually what it takes to wake us up to anything. Yet he can write some of the most beautiful lyrics I've ever heard and I've actually featured his ideas in the Second Chances Series.

Lastly...Jasiah, who is just 18 and stretching his wings. Very self contained, smart as a whip and it's tough to know what he is thinking. Yet he can build some of the most intricate light shows I've ever seen, is a graphic artist and often surprises me with a special gift of candy or a meal, just cause.

Each of them are so different, yet very similar in ways. I've never regretted the fact I homeschooled them because it made us closer. Even when they now do things (as adults) I might not agree with, most often, it is because of the fact we have given them the freedom to choose their own paths and follow their dreams.

I can't imagine my life, now or in the future, without them. So thank you God, for the labor of birth, the labor of raising them, and the labor of allowing them to spread their wings and fly. It is painful, hard and beautiful. It is filled with tremendous emotion and is ultimately satisfying.

So I thank you God for giving me the gift of being a mother. Now...give me the strength and the patience to keep on doing it! LOL


No comments: