Monday, May 10, 2010

Where In The World Is CJ England???

Inquiring minds want to know... And will continue to question through the month of May...

Hey all,

As you read this, Jonathon and I will be sipping tea at 7136 feet above sea level. This is the highest we've ever been, though we might have come close when we were touring in the Rocky Mountains in Colorado.

We'll fly into the city of Kathmandu and look around there. There are several places I want to see, especially this bar called Rum Doodle. It is famous for all the adventurers that have eaten there. And I adore the name. LOL The link goes to where you can read reviews of the place. I enjoyed those, too!

There are temples, walks, shopping and other things to do in Kathmandu, so we'll take advantage of those before we leave for the rest of our time in Nepal.

Later that evening we'll head up into the mountains for five days. We can't wait. The view should be simply amazing. I know I'll want to show you pictures.

We'll be staying in the EcoHome Resort. Check it out to see why we chose it. Below is a picture and the view it has. Can't beat that, can you? Especially when the price is only 20.00 a night!!! Seriously, guys, this resort is #1 in all the area for taking care of it's guests and so far, the email conversations have been great. If he takes as good a care of us in person, I may not come home!!!!

Since we love the mountains, we are in our element here. We plan to hike all over. Even take an overnight hike up higher to see the "real" Nepal if you know what I mean. I dig the tourist stuff, but I also want to see how people really are.

And of course, waking up to sunrise over the Himalayas? How can you beat seeing the sun rise and set on Mt. Everest? Everything we've read says this will be one of our favorite parts of the trip.

We get to spend six days in Nepal, most of them up here in the mountains. With all the hikes we can do, we'll have difficulty deciding exactly how we want to spend our time!

And of course...we'll be chasing down that Yeti. I wonder if I can make that slavering beasty into a hero for a book? What do you all think? LOLOL

Anyway, the next blog, I'll be in Beijing, China. The Forbidden City, Tienanmen Square and the Great Wall. It will be a blast! As always, keep us in your prayers and thoughts!

Hugs to all,

CJ England
http://www.cjengland.com/home/Do%20Me%20A%20Favor100x154.jpg
Follow Your Dreams

1 comment:

Phylis said...

I look forward to those pictures CJ! Love the mountains and so now I'm jealous! LOL Have fun and stay safe!