Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Girl's Weekend Out

Hey all,

As you read this, Jessaca and I will be on our way to the coast for our girls weekend (during the week). It'll be cold, so we won't be doing any swimming, but we'll bundle up and walk on the beach, stare at men and eat some seafood.

We are heading to Saint Augustine, which as you may know is one of my favorite places. Jessaca hasn't been there for a while so when I suggested it, she was all for it.

But we'll take it slow. Start over in Cocoa then work our way up north through Daytona until we hit St. Augustine. We'll have dinner and maybe even go on a ghost tour. Who knows. All depends on what we feel like at the time.

I've done a ghost pub crawl there before and loved it, so a different kind of tour may be fun as well. We'll see what Jessaca says. But we'll spend Wednesday walking around St. Augustine and checking things out. Doing some shopping as well.

It should be good for both of us. I'll miss Jonathon a little less for a few days and she will be able to take a deep breath and smile.

For those of you who don't know where St. Augustine is, it's in the northern part of Florida on the coast just below Jacksonville. It's a beautiful little coastal town with a lot of history, romance and great shopping. The downtown area is very touristy, but I like it. Seems to fit.

It's actually one of my favorite places on the planet, and it seems like a good way to get our minds off our prospective man woes.

As I mentioned, my favorite part is the downtown area. It's filled with nooks and crannies, shops, restaurants and shows. There are places like The Fountain of Youth, Ripley's Believe it or Not, Potter's Wax Museum and the St. Augustine Alligator Farm. They also have some wonderful excursions, scenic boat and trolley tours that are quite informative and interesting.

But I usually spend most of my time wandering the streets of downtown. Sometimes they have street musicians and at night the hawkers come out to try and talk you into going on one of their ghost tours. But by far the thing I find most interesting is just how the town rolls. It's lazy, irreverent, creative and energetic by turns and each time I visit, I discover something new about the city. The dining is good, the shops are excellent and if you're into the touristy stuff, you won't run out of things to do.

Jessaca and I will probably just roam around, doing some shopping, checking out the chocolate store and doing some people watching. Luckily, we like a lot of the same things, so we do enjoy our time together.

I'll give you the rundown of what we do on Thursday. I'm really looking forward to the time with Jessaca. She's my BGF. Have a great Tuesday!

Hugs,

2 comments:

Maria said...

Have a good time...I need to get together with a few friends and do girls trip or at least a night....

CJ England said...

Thanks Maria,

We are really looking forward to it. First time the two of us have gone off on our own! *smile*