Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Introducing Guest Blogger - Rachell Nichole

Hey all,

I'm still on my way up to Vancouver, but that doesn't stop my blog from having another fantastic guest blogger. Today we have Rachell Nichole who is a fellow Loose ID author. She writes spicy contemporary stories that will have you reaching for the ice water.

Here's a little about Rachell, taken from her Amazon.com page...

Rachell Nichole is a contemporary erotic romance author who writes Sizzling Romantic Entanglements. She loves writing sexy romance, creating memorable characters, and putting them through the paces on their discovery for and journey to love. She loves reading hot books as much as she does writing them. Since variety is the spice of life, she writes mulitcultural erotic romance, BDSM erotic romance, and GLBT erotic romance. She is the author of The Marietta Hotels series, Spicy with a Side of Cranberry Sauce, and Queen of Hearts.  

Rachell lives in New York with a mountain of books, a loving family, and a cuddly, but sometimes invisible, cat. 

Let's see what this talented author has to say to us. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Love Scenes: Personal Experience or Personal Fantasies


Hey CJ,

Thanks for having me stop by today. I want to talk about one of my personal favorite topics (and probably one a lot of people enjoy discussing): SEX! J

I am an erotic romance author, so I live and breathe sex scenes. I like to read them, I like to write them, I like to do research for them ;-p One of the questions that has come up over the years of writing erotic romance is, “Do you write sex from personal experience or personal fantasies?” The quick and dirty answer (’cause sometimes I like it quick and dirty) is BOTH.

The long, foreplay-worthy, marathon answer is…

Well, it really, really depends. There are several scenes in several of the books I’ve written that I have never personally experienced before, but that I would love to try. There are a lot of different positions out there, folks, in case you weren’t aware, and each book is a bit of a different flavor. It really depends a lot on the characters in the book, and what their situation is, but also what would “do it” for them. If it’s something I’ve tried before, all the more fun to write about. If it’s a personal fantasy? 

Well… then I get to say, “Honey, I need some help with book research…” and then of course it’s sooo much easier to write about it because I know exactly where everything goes and how everything feels. Sometimes, it’s just not feasible to do that much research. I write 3-4 books a year, each with at least 8 sex scenes, sometimes more. And I write them on deadlines. I can’t stop writing 4-8,000 words every day so I can stop and go experiment with a new position! Wouldn’t it be great if I could?? Plus, my significant other and I both have multiple jobs, and there are only so many hours in the day!

But, my hard and fast rule (sheesh, listen all these innuendos) is: if it makes me hot, it will make my readers hot. If it’s a kink that I don’t really get into, I can’t write about it in a sexy way. I’ve tried, and it comes out sounding forced, awkward, and awful. And I know it would show in the prose to my readers, which is one thing I never want.

For my latest book, Belle by Night, I didn’t need to do any new research, but I had built up a wealth of material long before I wrote it. This book was all about a phone sex operator, and while I was never a phone sex operator, I was in a long distance relationship for quite a while once upon a time, if you get my drift?

So, there it is – my sex scenes are a mix of personal experience, and personal fantasy, and I hope it shows in my books, but that I’m good enough that you can’t tell the difference between experience and fantasy J


So, as readers, what is it specifically about sex scenes that draws you in?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


What an interesting blog!  I love having guests who open my eyes to new ideas. You can answer Rachell's question in the comments below!!!  And if you want to learn more about her, check out these links...

Website:   www.RachellNichole.com
Twitter:   https://twitter.com/RachellNichole
Blog:   www.DivasofDesire.blogspot.com

I'll be back on Friday with a fun blog about one my my favorite hero types...

VAMPIRES!!!!!!!

Until then, 


CJ England










Follow Your Dreams
http://cjengland.com/wanderingstar/whathappensinmexico.htm

4 comments:

Rachell Nichole said...

Thanks for having me stop by, CJ. It was a lot of fun writing this post! Readers, feel free to ask me any questions you'd like to!

CJ England said...

Just stopped at a motel and wanted to touch base! This was a great blog! Will be heading to FB now to shout it out!!!

Hugs and thanks for blogging with me.

CJ

Ray said...

I am currently reading Club Luxe 2 by Olivia Noble. A reporter gets an invitation to a sex club owned by a Billionaire who when she arrives has her masterbate on stage. Her main purpose in going is to interview him. He then takes her to his private rooms away from the crowd where scene after sex scene takes place. While in his bedroom he asks her to find his missing daughter who was spirited away by the mother to another country. She doesn't want to because the last search she went on ended badly. She is reluctant to go back to the club when he calls. She wants to end it, but she doesn't. So she in the very beginning of Book 2 agrees to meet in his office to discuss the search.

During the first book there is no vaginal sex, but everything else is fair game. He does not want that until he finds someone to be with him forever. As much sex as there is, on just about every page, I want to see the story unfold. It is so compelling to me.

CJ England said...

Thanks for the tip, Ray!