Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Mutual Weirdness We Call Love



Hey all,

I saw this quote on a friend's facebook page and thought it was great.  The mutual weirdness we call love is such a perfect way to describe the malady so many of us are afflicted with.  

I make my business out of writing about love and how people fall in and out of it.  And I can tell you that love can be totally weird at times.  You'd think it would be easy.  After all don't scientists say it's just a chemical reaction and we don't have much of a choice in the matter?  Well I only have one thing to say to that...

Bullshit!

Forgive my french.  But while LOVE might begin as a chemical reaction (aka attraction), it certainly doesn't end with it.  In fact, IMHO, love is much more than that.

Love isn't only physical, though that part of it can be A LOT of fun!  :-)  It's also mental and spiritual.  And that's where the weirdness can really come in.  I agree with Dr. Suess, it's when our weirdnesses click that attraction is kicked up a notch and can have the potential into turning into something more.  Into something life changing.  Into LOVE.

It may not always happen that way, of course, but most of us spend our whole lives--if we're honest with ourselves--looking for that love.   For that special and intriguing weirdness that can make us one with another person.

I really didn't expect to find my soulmate (my perfect weirdness) in a man I'd known for most of my life.  We went to school together, dated a bit after college, but then lost touch with each other while he was in the military.  But then we saw each other again after several years and bamm!

Instant weirdness.

Yes, it started with that heart thumping, lip nibbling attraction I write about.  But then, to my utter delight it continued, morphing into friendship, respect and ultimately love.  And every day we're together I count myself lucky that I, knowing just how weird my weirdness really is, actually found someone that fit so well with me.

So have you found your mutual weirdness with someone?  If so, count yourself fortunate.  Weirdness isn't as easy to come by as you might think.  But if you haven't yet, don't give up.  It's said there is someone out there for everyone.

I guess it's just a matter of making those weirdnesses match.

Until next time...

Hugs,

CJ England  
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/cjengland/Blog%20Pics/HereComesPeter100x154.jpg
Follow Your Dreams

4 comments:

Ray said...

It even happens to those who think they are immune. Even those who don't like people very much would hate it if they were alone with only Wilson for a friend.

Ray

Phylis said...

I loved that saying! And I found my mutual weirdness partner. We fit so well together sometimes it's scary. Not to say there aren't rough parts but the other parts out way those.

CJ England said...

A House fan, Ray? Me too!

CJ England said...

Exactly, Phylis.

AS much as I want to kill my sweet baboo sometimes, he is the other half of myself. I'd be lost without him.