Friday, March 9, 2012

The Lighter Side of The News

Hey all,

I found a great new site today.  I was doing some research on something else and came across this news feed by a guy named Mark Stevenson.  Apparently Mark likes to find all the odd, unique and weird news stories and report on them.

Like what you ask?

How about a guy who after a domestic dispute is ordered by the judge to take his wife out to dinner? Or a couple whose naked bondage play wind them up in jail because they decide to do their thang in the back of a car in full view of everyone.  Or the dude who walks into Walmart naked and winds up stealing only a pair of socks.

I'm not sure where Mark finds all these stories--he must have a lot of time on his hands--but they are all pretty good and a hoot to read.  He's got a Facebook page too.  HERE.  You can like him and keep up to date with all the lighter news around the planet.

Want more examples?  How about these hysterical headlines...

Emu escapes from Vt. farm, on the lam for 5 weeks


And my personal favorite...

Cops: Nude burglar covered in peanut butter, chocolate



It just goes to show you how messed up the human condition really is.  But I guess we should really thank these guys.  They'll give me Friday fodder for the next thousand years!

I'll see you on Monday!

Hugs,

CJ England  
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/cjengland/Blog%20Pics/HereComesPeter100x154.jpg
Follow Your Dreams

6 comments:

Ray said...

I've always enjoyed the weird. I remember in the Darwin Awards man using a 22 cartridge to replace a blown fuse in his car. His last mistake.

One of Evel Knievel's bad jumps took place at a rodeo in my home town. He was supposed to jump over several cages full of rattle snakes. He landed smack on top of one.

Ray

Maria said...

Definitely does sound like much funnier stuff to read than the headline news! Fun post

Phylis said...

Cool! I had seen the laptop one! These are great CJ! Thanks!

CJ England said...

Ouch, Ray. On both of those. LOL

People are stupid. It's a fact.

CJ England said...

Thanks, Maria. Glad you enjoyed the post.

CJ England said...

You're more than welcome, Phylis!