Monday, March 5, 2012

Ridiculous or Retro?

Hey all,

Good thing I'm not the fashion police.  I mean I usually love stuff they hate and look at what they hate and think, hmmm, that's not so bad.  But then I'm a jeans and T-shirt kind of gal who likes to dress up only when the time is right.

But I always check out the best and the worst on the Red Carpet and if I see an article like THIS ONE I usually will give it a look-see.  Just 'cause I'm curious.  And honestly, for the life of me I can't see why this guy is so worked up over these uniforms.

With the hullabaloo he is making,  I'd half expected the uniforms to have some horrible insignia or color, but instead I see an angular looking red white and blue logo that IMHO, looks pretty cool.  I don't see the problem, but then again, I just know what I like, and I don't worry about some of the stuff this guy is griping about.

Will NIKE change it?  Who knows?  They are VERY media conscious, but they're also money conscious, and I'll bet they spent a chunk of change on this little number.  

Personally, if I have a problem with this uniform at all it's because the USA flag and the NIKE emblem are the same size.  Seriously?  I think our flag should deserve a bigger place of prominence than the advertiser's name.  

Don't you?

See you next time!

Hugs,

CJ England  
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/cjengland/Blog%20Pics/HereComesPeter100x154.jpg
Follow Your Dreams

2 comments:

Ray said...

I clicked on the author's name at the top of the blog. It looks like most of what he says is negative. Is he famous for anything. I like the shape of the letters USA logo on the shirts. What design would he say anything positive about? In one article he criticized 30 Rock for having a theme song for a fake tennis event. He said the same name was used for an event at Madison Square Garden and they didn't have the theme song.

I had the song played during the introduction of players at Staples Arena at Lakers games on my old cell phone play for my alarm.

Ray

CJ England said...

Some people don't like anything, Ray. I think this dude would find fault with anything!